Powered By Blogger

Saturday 28 September 2019

Its been 4 weeks of mid year school holidays! It has gone by quickly yet I found it quite hard....you see Daddy had started some intense training in a new aircraft at his work just as the school holidays begun. What awful timing!! I felt I had to take the kids out so much more so that he could get all the rest and study he needed in order to successfully complete his training. It has all proven harder then we thought and my heart goes out to my man who is trying to keep it together.

I sat down with Asher at the beginning of the holidays and had a monthly planner. We wrote down all the fun things we were wanting to do. Everyday we have done something different. I'm just dissappointed I haven't been as cheery or delightful as I would want my mother to be. I've spent more time correcting behaviour these 4 weeks then cuddling and enjoying the freedom of no school days. I have kept the house pretty clean but so what and for what need?

In addition to this scenario its probably the first time in our married lives where we have had the least amount of money. I'm not too phased by it, but I know John is. All that pressure to perform well at work and then to have no cash at the end of every week is heart breaking for a man.

My grandmother who has always been so generous doesn't know the extent of the cashflow problem but sent a few hundred dollars for the kids for me to take them places for the holidays. What a blessing! How thouhhtful and kind.

We have done some pretty cool stuff -

- Visited a friends farm, riding horses, feeding kookaburras, galas, holding a snake, petting kangaroos and collecting peacock feathers.
- Beach combing by thr rock pools
- Dinner by the beach at sunset with our car boot movie nights with blankets pillows and the laptop
- Movies in the botanical gardens with takeaway pizza
- Visit to the crocodile park
- Iceskating!
- Finding Dory
- Saturday afternoons spent at the local holiday resort pool

No comments:

Post a Comment